Monday, May 21, 2012

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1) Review


Title: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1)
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1)

Author: Ally Carter

Release Date: March 20th 2007

Publisher: Hyperion             

Pages: 284pages (Paperback)
Description: From Goodreads:
The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women is a fairly typical all-girls school, that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE, the latest in chemical warfare in science; and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes computer class. So in truth, Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses, but its really a school for spies. Cammie Morgan is a second generation Gallagher Girl, and by her sophomore year she's already fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways (three of which involve a piece of uncooked spaghetti.) But the one thing the Gallagher Academy hasn't prepared her for is what to do when she falls for an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, and track him through a mall without his ever being the wiser, but can she have a regular relationship with a regular boy who can never know the truth about her? Cammie may be an elite spy in training, but in her sophomore year, shes beginning her most dangerous mission; she's falling in love.

Review:
Love Love Loved this.

Cammie Morgan is your average girl except for one fact; she goes to an all exclusive boarding school for spies in training. I loved this book. If you want a light fluffy read this is your book. Beware there is a lot of mooning over boys (that’s basically what this whole book is about) but it’s done in a cute way and by the time it gets annoying action begins. Cammie and her friends have to learn how to break out of their little protective bubble Gallagher Academy has given them and experience the real world. This year there is a new teacher (who I loved by the way) that is making school much harder. He is cute, a well known spy, and has hilarious missions for the girls to go on. There are a lot of silly and cute missions in this book that by the time the action kicks in you're like "Woah what just happened?"

The writing itself was at times great and others fairly weak but the majority of the time it had me bursting out laughing. I love Ally Carter’s Uncommon Criminals series, and this one while not as mature and thought out was just as good. I loved the way the results of spying on Josh (the main love interest) were given to you in spy reports. Amount of bubble gum chewed, what flavor, what brand of toilet paper he uses etc. It was so cute and fluffy that I couldn’t pass it up.

This basically sums up the plot:
Photobucket

So basically, if you can get around the fact that the whole plot is surrounded around the idea that Cammie has to pretend to be someone else to date Josh, and the hilarity that ensues, I think you would enjoy reading this. Give it a try. I for one am giving it four out of five stars for all of the times that I giggled and shrieked like a little girl.

This was just a quick little review for a quick and cute little book. To check out more follow my reviews and then check me out on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6118682-princess-kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment